It’s a long time since I have posted something on my blog. Well not a long time when I consider my frequency of blogging, but I have this feeling that I have not written much off late. So, I read some one’s post where they timed themselves for 10 minutes and wrote whatever came to mind. It seemed like a good idea to jot down something and post, so here I am to see what I can do with my 10.

These days I keep wondering why I consider myself a writer. The most pleasurable thing for me has always been the time I spend in writing and reading myself, but I don’t think I spend enough time writing. At least not as much as I want. The excuses I have for not writing much were never consequential and I have often surprised myself by writing when I least expected myself to.

I’m not challenged by lack of inspiration either. I watch a movie every day and read a lot online. It still isn’t as much as I wanted but it is always enough to push me to the writing table. I have one. I bought one because I felt I would do well with a writing table. One of my friends always told me that you don’t need a table just for the sake of having it, and a true writer would not be bothered by the lack of possessions and won’t cite the absence of one as a limitation. But then again, I just want to get the thought out of my mind. Having a table might or might not have influenced or increased my writing, but I could shake off the feeling that, may be having a table would really help me. Especially, since I could afford it.

However, back to where I started, as to why I don’t spend much time writing. In one of my earlier posts I wondered how to stop reading and start writing. Then I was reading a lot, naming it as research and never actually got to the work I had planned to do. But these days I’m not even reading much. A lack of respect to my craft has fortunately not plagued me, but when I read my own stuff, it is difficult to appreciate it.

I tried working with deadlines. I’m reasonably good with deadlines and having one usually helps me. But I have become lazy and started procrastinating and since I aim to become disciplined, I stop here as my timer says that I’ve exhausted my 10.  So there.